The figure skating events at the 2014 Winter Olympics took place at the Iceberg Skating Palace in Sochi, Russia. Events scheduled are men's single, ladies singles, pair, ice dancing and for the first time a team event.
Records and FirstsEdit
- Meryl Davis and Charlie White's score of 114.34 in the ice dancing free program during the team trophy was a new world record. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir would break this during the ice dancing free program with a score of 114.66 but Davis and White would break it again with a 116.63.
- Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov's score of 84.17 in the pairs short program was a new world record.
- Yuzuro Hanyu's score of 101.45 was a new world record and the first time an individual broke the 100 mark in the short program.
- Meryl Davis and Charlie White's overall score of 195.52 in the ice dance competition was a new world record.
- Russia became the first country to win medal's in all five disciplines with their wins in the ladies and team competition.