Editing MediaWiki:Wikia.css routes you to Special:CSS, an updated experience for editing your wiki's CSS released in late 2013.
Special:CSS has a variety of new features, and if you have any feedback on them, please do send us a note via Special:Contact.
For more tips and help with editing CSS on Wikia, visit Help:CSS.
An entry point to the new editing interface can be found on Admin Dashboard. Browsing to "Mediawiki:Wikia.css?action=edit" will also route you to the new interface, located at Special:CSS.
A better writing experience:
- Line numbering
- Active syntax highlighting to improve readability
Active error checking ("linting"):
- As you type code, the page will let you know about any errors in the syntax that might have occurred
- An icon will appear for any line with the
- Do note that not every error must be solved - CSS technology is ever evolving, and browsers do not all behave identically: the messages may not always require action
A sidebar of useful links:
- CSS update blog posts - each week we release notes on upcoming CSS changes that might affect your wiki's customizations, in the Technical Update blog posts
- Related help and information pages, such as the Community Central Forum Board