This is your user page. Please edit this page to tell the community about yourself!
The first Olympics I remember was Moscow 1980. I was 10 and my heroes were Seb Coe and Steve Ovett. Strangely the biggest impression of that Summer Olympic Games was my mum screaming at the TV for Steve Ovett to win, while dad was shouting for Coe!
Every Olympiad is special, but the one that stuck in my mind the most was Beijing 2008. Before Beijing I had thought Barcelona 1992 was the best Olympics I had witnessed, but Beijing had it all. For Team Great Britain there were heaps of medals and for the neutral there was some amazing sporting action and lets not forget Usain Bolt! As for my most memorable Olympic moment, its's....Ben Johnson. Yes I'm afraid that Ben and the 100 meters in Soul have to be there. The race had shocked every athlete and sports fan. Johnson had ran a breathtaking race, but it was the aftermath that shocked the world the most. I remember my whole family sat stunned at 1am UK time as the press conference was broadcast that confirmed Johnson's disqualification due to him failing the urine test. I was genuinely upset and it was a watershed moment in Track and Field. Ben Johnson was the highest profile Athlete up to that point that had been caught using performance enhancing drugs.
Hope for 2012,....for the Brits to beat the Aussies in the medal table!
- Team: Fill out this form with your favorites and link to their correlating pages!
- Olympic Moment: Usain Bolt wins 100m in Beijing 2008 or Linford Christie wining in Barcelona
- Summer Games: Beijing 2008 was actually one of the best, and I've seen a lot!
- Winter Games: Not sure!
- Summer Events: Atheltics and Cycling
- Winter Events: Skiing
- Summer Athletes: Emil Zatopek - check him out and you know why!
- Winter Athletes: Franz Klammer
- Olympic Mascot: they are always rubbish!
- Olympic Venue: Barcelona, but only as a city as I have been to the Stadium and its rubbish!