Investigations into anti-doping rules violations regarding this event are in progress. Results of this event are not final.
Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games was held from 28 July to 7 August 2012 at ExCeL London.
- There were 253 total athletes from 84 countries.
- Khadija Mohammad was the youngest participant with 17 years and 45 days.
- Martin Tesovic was the oldest participant with 37 years and 286 days.
- 8 participants were chosen to be a flag bearer at the opening ceremony.
- 6 world records and 5 Olympic records were broken.
- 16 participants were disqualified after testing positive for doping.
- North Korea won 4 medals, more than in any other sport.
- Indonesia and Poland won 3 medals, more than in any other sport.
- Egypt and Thailand won 2 medals, more than in any other sport.
- Cameroon won their only medal of London 2012.